CEN Resources are currently working in partnership with a well known engineering and design firm who are extremely successful within its sector delivering concept and detailed design engineering to clients across the chemicals, petrochemical, nuclear and pharmaceutical industries. Due to the growth plans for operations across the UK, CEN Resources are assisting this particular client in recruiting a Senior Technical Safety Engineer for their offices based in the NW of England.
- Apply your in-depth knowledge of safety case, process safety, functional safety (including human factors) to address nuclear-specific safety challenges.
- Lead and actively participate in Hazard Identification reviews, Process Safety reviews, and Functional Safety assessments, ensuring robust safety protocols.
- Ensure seamless integration of engineering deliverables with strict adherence to all relevant nuclear regulatory requirements.
- Pursue continuous professional development, staying abreast of industry advancements and evolving safety standards.
- Manage safety aspects of projects, overseeing safety-related timeframes, costs, and quality, while fostering strong client relationships.
- Champion a culture of quality and compliance within the team, reinforcing adherence to industry standards and best practices.
- Experience in safety engineering within in a high-risk environment – ideally Nuclear
- Need to understand ALARP principals
- Need to have experience of HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, SIL, QRA