CEN Resources are currently working in partnership with a well known engineering and design firm who are extremely successful within within the Power sector. Our client delivers expertise across a range of different projects, these include interconnector and renewables schemes, including nuclear and solar power, offshore and onshore wind power generation and transmission, high (HV), extra high voltage (EHV) and distribution projects. Due business growth and and incoming projects, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Engineer for underground cables team.With our client having various offices across the UK, they are happy for the successful individual to be based in any UK location within a hybrid capacity, not just Glasgow.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of the teams output in the production and control of drawings and technical documents.
- You will manage the production of designs through a robust checking process as well as have the opportunity to work with the Sector Director to assist during the bid process in order to secure further work.
- You will work on a mix of small cable projects ranging from short cable replacements within substations, through to major grid reinforcement projects that involve extreme cable lengths.
- Degree qualified
- You will have experience in the production of all designs, calculations, reports & drawings associated with the new or modification of EHV projects from 11kV – 400kV covering EHV cabling and primary design.
- Ideally come from a power engineering background and have good communication skills.
- Ideally working toward TP137 authorisation by National Grid, however not essential