CEN Resources are currently working in partnership with a well known engineering and design firm who are extremely successful within within the Power sector. Our client delivers expertise across a range of different projects, these include interconnector and renewables schemes, including nuclear and solar power, offshore and onshore wind power generation and transmission, high (HV), extra high voltage (EHV) and distribution projects. Due business growth and and incoming projects, our client is looking to recruit a Principal Engineer for its HV underground cables team. With our client having various offices across the UK, they are happy for the successful individual to be based in any UK location within a hybrid capacity, not just London.
- You will be responsible for leading the quality and consistency of the teams output in the production and control of drawings and technical documents.
- You will lead and coordinate the production of designs through a robust checking process as well as mentoring and training junior Engineers.
- Working with the Sector Director to assist during the bid process in order to secure further work.
- Working on a mixture of cable projects ranging from short cable replacements within substations, through to major grid reinforcement projects that involve extrememly long cable lengths.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- You should have experience in leading and coordinating the production of all designs, calculations, reports & drawings associated with the new or modification of EHV projects from 11kV – 400kV covering EHV cabling and primary design. This will cover the production of bonding/line diagrams, cable rating calculations, induced voltage calculations, short circuit force calculations, thermo-mechanical thrust calculations, pulling tension calculations and production of material specification lists.
- Ideally working toward TP137 authorisation by National Grid, however not essential
- Experience in leading within projects and coordinating output
- Experience mentoring and guiding of graduates and junior members of the team
- Comfortable building and maintaining client relationships