CEN Resources are working exclusively with a client who is at the forefront of their sector. Due to continued growth, our client is looking to recruit a Senior Piping Engineer and although our clients offices are based in London, they offer hybrid working so your week can be split between working from home and the office. This role would suit someone with experience within a design engineering design office and working on projects such as Oil & Gas, Pharmaceutical, Chemicals etc and for someone who is looking to take the leap onto the clients side of things where you will oversee and review engineering drawings as well as being involved in coordinating site activities.
Our client operates within an extremely environmentally friendly industry and is keen to utilise engineers transferable skills from the previously mentioned industries.
Overall, the successful applicant should experience of working within a design engineering office for onshore projects (FEED and detailed design) and have experience in piping isometrics, stress calcs and 3D modelling.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the delivery of piping engineering specifications and deliverables on our new projects through development and execution phases
- Originate/develop and provide technical review of mechanical project deliverables (3D Model, layouts, GA’s, Isometrics, lists, BOQs, specifications, procedures, detail drawings, calculations etc).
- Represent the company at vendor and subcontractor meetings
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Maintain planning and cost control on mechanical/piping scope of works
- Ensure that designs comply with all relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and vendors to develop, deliver and troubleshoot solutions for the ongoing projects
- Liaise with project management and discipline engineering teams to deliver new projects
- Ensure compliance of subcontracted works with company, project and client requirements.
- Support construction and Commissioning teams, remotely and on-site.
- Ensure adherence to management of change and ensure design documentation are kept up-to-date for both new and existing projects
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent qualification.
- Chartered (highly desirable) with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Detailed knowledge of process plant design
- Experience using AutoCAD (Plant 3D desirable).
- Analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude to be part of a growing team.
- The ability to progress with several different tasks simultaneously, self manage and deliver to schedule.